Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Blood


After spending the day with a 2 year old I went to donate blood. I got there at 5:40 got checked in about 6; sat down to answer questions at 6:10 that took maybe 5 min. As the nurse attempted to print my answers something went wrong so I waited again as the nurses went around trying to figure out why my information was no longeravailable. Shortly after 7 I sat in the chair to get stuck with a needle and give away a pint of my blood. The nurse pumped up the blood pressure cup and tried locating my vain. I could tell she was unsure about it, I offered my other arm but she had non of it. She marked the spot and insurted the needle... Never has anyone had a problem getting my vain. oh the pain, I could feel the tears trying to escape out of cornors of my eyes. She stopped, relieved the pressure found the vain again and pumped the cup up again and wiggled the needle in my arm once again, no luck. Hello Can I get a destraction please??? After two attempts another nurse was called over. She found the vain and insurted the needle no problem. Thank goodness!!! I hurt and really don't want a big bruse!! Ya know what Iin a few days Ill be fine and have the knowledge that I helped save a life!!!

1 comment:

  1. Possibly THREE LIVES!! oooooh!! I donated yesterday :) We are awesome! HIGH FIVE!

    ReplyDelete