Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gum Picnic!

Every labor day the Fosters get together and have a picnic. Sounds normal, well for those of you that know us, any of us, you know that our picnics are not normal for instance this picnic is called a gum picnic. Why? Well one day on labor day my Aunts decided they wanted to have a get together/picnic. Well it so happened that no one really brought food so one of them piped up, 'I have a pack of gum in my car.' And that friends was the beginning of the Foster's annual gum picnic on labor day!
Now we all bring food and of course a package of some sort of gum. This year my Mom took zebra gum and raspberry cube gum. And me and my Dad made a gum cake. (pictured) This cake was not made out of gum nor did is taste like gum is only looked like it. Everyone was so excited when they saw it saying that is was one of the coolest things they have seen. I tried not to let my head get to big but I sure was proud!!! I suppose now I have to make it every year.

1 comment:

  1. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....gummmmmm!! Will you make ME this cake next Spring?

    ReplyDelete