Friday, December 10, 2010

Ring that Bell

For three years I worked at a grocery store and each year at christmas each time the door opened I'd hear the faint clang clang of the salvation army bell ringer. I grew to hate that bell. I would go in back doors or walk out of my way just to stay away from that bell.
However this year after moving on to a new job and getting away from the bell my oh so sweet friend decided she wanted to sign us up to ring the bell outside of the same grocery store chain I use to work for. I was not excited but I couldn't let her down so I sucked it up and joined her for the two hour shift. Those who know me know that I like to have fun and I try to make any situation fun and exciting so I went in with a good attitude and came out more engrized then when I went in. We danced and sang and received so many donations. We brought the christmas spirit to so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment